1) Ability to think critically and independently
2) Write, reason and communicate clearly
3) The ability to undertake systematic investigation of key issues from a variety of academic disciplines, either alone or with others, drawing on the work of established experts in the field, and demonstrating the ability to acquire a broad and coherent knowledge of the topics, at least some of which is at, or informed by, the forefront of defined aspects across a range of disciplines
4) an appreciation of the uncertainty, ambiguity, and limits of knowledge, including its cultural, social, and historical contexts
5) An appreciation of the established techniques of analysis and enquiry across a range of disciplines and an ability to deploy accurately established techniques of analysis and enquiry in at least one or more disciplines
6) conceptual understanding that enables the student: a) to devise and sustain arguments, and/or to solve problems, using ideas and techniques, some of which are at the forefront of interdisciplinary studies and, if chosen, their major discipline b) to describe and comment upon particular aspects of current research, or equivalent advanced scholarship, across disciplines and, if chosen, their major discipline
7) the ability to manage their own learning, and to make use of scholarly reviews and primary sources (for example, refereed research articles and/or original materials appropriate to a variety of disciplines.
1) + 2) the ability to manage their own learning, and to make use of scholarly reviews and primary sources (for example, refereed research articles and/or original materials appropriate to a variety of disciplines.
3) - 7) Personal Tutorials and through lectures and seminars in: the Core Breadth Modules in years 1 & 2, and the final-year independent research project; and through the judicious selection of modules from across the University; and (if chosen) through the pursuit of your subject major
Essays, blogs, presentations and final-year independent research project dissertation and as outlined in the relevant JH/Natural Science pathway for that subject