By the end of the module students should be able to:
- identify and apply the principles underlying the time value of money;
- explain the goals of financial management, how financial markets work and the main financial instruments found in them;
- evaluate investment decisions using discounted cash flow methods including incorporating traditional approaches to risk;
- show the different ways in which a company can raise capital and its valuation;
- explain how dividend and capital structure policies may affect a firm’s value.