|Module Title ||LM International Business|
|School||Birmingham Business School|
|Department || Birmingham Business School|
|Module Code || 07 26645 |
|Module Lead ||Derek Condon|
|Level || Masters Level |
|Credits || 10 |
|Semester|| Semester 2|
|Restrictions || None |
Project supervision-0 hours
Practical Classes and workshops-0 hours
Supervised time in studio/workshop-0 hours
External Visits-0 hours
Work based learning-0 hours
Guided independent study-0 hours
Year Abroad-0 hours
|Exclusions || |
|Description || This module is designed to introduce the student to major concepts in international business from the manager’s perspective. It covers a wide range of issues relating to the international business environment and applies these considerations to managing the international firm. Disciplines such as trade theory and international economics, international finance, organisational theory and business strategy are addressed. |
|Learning Outcomes || By the end of the module students should be able to:|
- Demonstrate a systematic understanding of, and be able to apply concepts and skills relevant to, the problems of managing and understanding overseas operations.
- Critically relate different theoretical perspectives and to identify their main contributions and weaknesses.
- Show critical analytical skills with respect to interpreting global business strategy issues.
- Use theoretical work to inform a critical application to business problems and links to corporate performance.
- Critically analyse business problems from the perspective of the parent and host management of a multinational company.
26645-01 : Presentation : Presentation (20%)
26645-02 : Assignment : Coursework (80%)
|Assessment Methods & Exceptions || Assessments: 1 x 3,000 word Individual Assignment (80%), Group work presentation (20%) |
Reassessment: 1 x 3,000 word Individual Assignment (100%).
|Other || |