|Module Title ||LM Advanced Corporate Financial Management|
|School||Birmingham Business School|
|Department || Birmingham Business School|
|Module Code || 07 26688 |
|Module Lead ||Patricia Chelley-Steeley|
|Level || Masters Level |
|Credits || 20 |
|Semester|| Semester 2|
|Restrictions || Available to only students on the MSc Financial Management programme. |
|Exclusions || |
|Description || This module aims to extend the discussions of the topics covered in the Corporate Financial Management module in Semester 1 and give students a deeper knowledge and understanding of advanced corporate finance theories. Topics covered in the module include theory of choice under uncertainty without, and with, capital markets, portfolio allocation, asset and option pricing models (including CAPM, APT and Black-Scholes option pricing model), efficient market hypothesis, foreign direct investment and multinational capital budgeting, lease or buy decision, mergers and acquisitions and behavioural finance. |
|Learning Outcomes || By the end of the module students should be able to:|
- critically evaluate the effects of investment and financing decisions of firms on their market values under uncertainty;
- critically apply a range of asset and option pricing models and know their strengths and limitations;
- assess efficiency of financial markets;
- critically evaluate the impacts of mergers and acquisitions on the financial performance of firms; and
- demonstrate critical knowledge and understanding of the key issues in the behavioural finance literature.
26688-01 : Coursework : Coursework (25%)
26688-02 : Exam : Exam (Centrally Timetabled) - Written Unseen (75%)
|Assessment Methods & Exceptions || Assessments:|
An individual assignment containing not more than 2,000 words (25%) and a 3-hour closed book examination (75%).
A 3-hour closed book examination (100%).
|Other || |