Course Details in 2021/22 Session
|Module Title ||LM Marketing Strategy|
|School||Birmingham Business School|
|Department || Marketing|
|Module Code || 07 28968 |
|Module Lead ||Dr Andrew Pressey|
|Level || Masters Level |
|Credits || 10 |
|Semester|| Full Term|
|Restrictions || None |
|Exclusions || |
|Description || The Marketing Strategy module seeks to extend the depth of knowledge about the development of marketing strategies, and their implementation. On completion of the module students will understand the processes adopted by marketing professionals: analysis, development of marketing strategies, and critically, the ways in which these strategies are implemented, and refined in response to tactical / short term imperatives.|
The module will help students develop their ability to: choose the most effective analytic strategies, assess implementation and managerial implications; and critically evaluate strategic marketing analysis methods with respect to their validity and relevance in a range of marketplaces. The module will also explore the impact of marketing decisions upon the long-term evolution of markets; and market structures in terms of customers, competitors and market channels.
|Learning Outcomes || By the end of the module students should be able to:|
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the scope of marketing strategy.
- Identify and critically appraise the process and methods for identifying and selecting marketing strategies.
- Critically evaluate key concepts and practical frameworks and techniques for effective strategic market analyses.
- Develop a market-led strategy of sustainable competitive advantage.
- Develop and apply approaches to address competitor’s actions - both strategic and tactical.
- Demonstrate a critical understanding of the practicalities and limitations of marketing strategy implementation.
28968-02 : Individual Assignment : Coursework (100%)
|Assessment Methods & Exceptions || Assessment:2000 word individual assignment (100%)|
Reassessment: 2500 word individual assignment (100%)
|Other || Delivered at SIM|