Course Details in 2020/21 Session
|Module Title ||LM Entrepreneurship: New Firm Growth|
|School||Birmingham Business School|
|Department || Birmingham Business School|
|Module Code || 07 29379 |
|Module Lead ||Professor Francis Greene|
|Level || Masters Level |
|Credits || 10 |
|Semester|| Semester 2|
|Restrictions || None |
|Exclusions || |
|Description || This module is intended to provide students with a critical awareness of major issues associated with entrepreneurship among dynamic start-up ventures.|
Throughout this module participants will explore the key entrepreneurship frameworks and models, how they can be applied within a range of organisations.
The module will cover areas such as:
- The definitions of entrepreneurship, an understanding of entrepreneurial environments and the triggers and barriers to entrepreneurship
- How individuals and teams develop opportunity recognition skills to identify salient business opportunities
- How young dynamic growth orientated organisations can develop business models to successfully leverage resources, abilities and competencies for entrepreneurial growth
- Development of an understanding of entrepreneurial finance funding sources and how to leverage these successfully
- How young dynamic start-ups manage their growth
- How these fast growth businesses successfully harvest opportunities
|Learning Outcomes || By the end of the module students should be able to:|
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding of entrepreneurship in the context of the competitive environment for dynamic start-ups.
- Understand the different theoretical approaches and models that underpin entrepreneurship and be able to critical evaluate such theories.
- Critically analyse the management practices of a range of dynamic start-ups and growth orientated young firms, identifying both successful approaches and barriers to entrepreneurship.
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of the importance of opportunity recognition and evaluation processes involved in developing entrepreneurship among such organisations.
- Demonstrate a critical awareness of the importance of entrepreneurial processes.
29379-02 : Individual Assignment : Coursework (100%)
|Assessment Methods & Exceptions || Assessments: |
80% Individual Assignment (2,500 words)
20% Group Presentation
Reassessment: 100% Individual Assignment (2,500 words)
|Other || None|