Course Details in 2022/23 Session
|Module Title ||LM Marketing Communications|
|School||Birmingham Business School|
|Department || Birmingham Business School|
|Module Code || 07 37281 |
|Module Lead ||Jo Matthews|
|Level || Masters Level |
|Credits || 20 |
|Semester|| Semester 1|
|Restrictions || None |
Project supervision-5 hours
Practical Classes and workshops-5 hours
Guided independent study-160 hours
Total: 200 hours
|Exclusions || |
|Description || As the world of marketing communications is undergoing a revolution this module focusses upon equipping students with the knowledge and skills to enter this world as a skilled practitioner in both offline and online marketing communications.|
Students will have contact with leading marketing communication practitioners to work on live case studies to develop their analysis skills. Through lectures, seminars, workshops and industry guest lectures students will gain a sound understating of the theories, principles, methods and strategies of marketing communications.
The main tools of offline and online marketing communications will be discussed as well as their suitability and effectiveness, including advertising, digital and interactive media, sales promotion, public relations and corporate identity, events and personal selling.
Students will have the opportunity to evidence the skills that they have gained and work that they have produced during their study of this module at the end of semester Marketing and Communication Student Showcase.
|Learning Outcomes || By the end of the module students should be able to: |
- Demonstrate a critical and comprehensive understanding of varied marketing communications tools, including those made available by emerging technologies
- Explain the role and application of integrated communications in marketing both strategically and tactically
- Determine an organization’s effectiveness in communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Assess the relative merits of traditional and digital media and the development of media strategies
- Critically analyse relevant communication theory and principles which underpin integrated communication processes and strategies
- Evaluate the stages in the strategic marketing communications campaign planning process
- Critically discuss the ethical issues surrounding marketing communications and their role in culture and society.
- Demonstrate creative presentation skills
|Assessment Methods & Exceptions || Assessment:|
Individual Marketing Communications Audit 800 words 20%
Individual Production of a Communications Digital Tool 40%
Individual Showcase of Communication Plan and Digital Tool with Q&A from assessment team. 40%
Reassessment by failed component.
|Other || |