Course Details in 2023/24 Session
|Module Title ||LH Japanese Language Advanced I|
|School||Lan, Cult, Art Hist & Music|
|Department || Modern Languages|
|Module Code || 09 28499 |
|Module Lead ||Junko Ogawa|
|Level || Honours Level |
|Credits || 20 |
|Semester|| Semester 1|
LI Japanese Language Intermediate II - (09 26156)
LH Japanese Language Advanced II - (09 20694)
|Restrictions || None |
Practical Classes and workshops-40 hours
Guided independent study-160 hours
Total: 200 hours
|Exclusions || |
|Description || This module builds on the knowledge acquired during a year’s study in Japan. It will teach students to critically analyse spoken Japanese and engage in discussion on variety of topics. This module also aims to enhance students’ ability to express themselves in Japanese through the preparation of an oral presentation and debate to be delivered at the end of the module. |
|Learning Outcomes || By the end of the module students should be able to:|
- Perform a variety of unpredictable oral and reading tasks in the target language
- Listen to and understand in detail extended speech of Japanese at a natural speed and on complicated topics.
- Deal with complex issues relating to the grammar of the target language (morphology / syntax).
- Show a firm understanding of Japanese culture and society.
- Develop an understanding of and competence in formal and informal registers.
28499-01 : Listening Assessment : Class Test (40%)
28499-02 : Written Speech Script : Coursework (20%)
28499-03 : Oral Presentation and Discussion : Presentation (40%)
|Assessment Methods & Exceptions || Assessments:Oral-aural exercise (with supporting written/visual aids) (60%) and Two-hour reading and writing assessment (40%)|
|Other || |